The photography of the miniature of Macchesematte
Matteo, known as Macchesematte, is a creator of small or better of mini stories. He photographs scenes and images he has seen or thought about and creates miniatures of people and objects. With a photographic click and from ornated representations of miniatures, Matteo makes symbolic worlds that are defined by the contrast of a civilized world and from the inequalities or the social quests and questions arising in the contemporary reality.
- Matteo tell us a few words about you. Where are you from, where do you live and work and what have you studied?
I live in the countryside of Tuscany, near Florence, Italy with my girlfriend and two cats. I work as electronic designer for a local company and had studied electronics. My passion since i remember was alway art oriented, I played in a band, had fun with videos and photos, make illustration and 3D graphics.
- Which is the technique that you use in your creations? Explain us a little the procedure of your work.
- What are the messages that you want to pass through your art and how do you choose the objects of your symbolism?
- Where do you draw your ideas from, and what are your influences?
I sketch the idea on paper and start to work on it some weeks later cause I like to take my time on that phase. I read a lot of art blog, like Ovalme :), follow artists on IG or Facebook, read newspaper and listen a lot of music. I’m influenced by art. About this specific kind of art (miniature photography) the first artist I saw and inspirate me to start it’s Slinkachu.
- Which is your favorite work among the ones you have created yourself?
Translated by: GRETEL ATHANASIOU